This used to be Bishops’ Castle from 14th-16th century. After numerous war damages, it was rebuilt in baroque and classical style. In 19th century, the Russians confiscated the castle and opened a hospital there. The building burnt in 1945 during war activities, and was rebuilt in 1989 to serve as "House of Polish diaspora". Pułtusk Castle is situated on a hill upon Narwia river.