Town located upon Ilzanka River in the south of Mazovia Region, on the northern end of Przedgorze Ilzeckie – north part of the town is on Radomska Plain. It is around 130 km from Warsaw and about 30 km south from Radom.
Country Route 9, part of European route, goes through the town.
In 1576 there was a town-hall built on the main square. In 17th century a tower was added to it under decision of bishop Marcin Szyszkowski.